The next PTI challenge was a little harder: use metallics and neutrals only. That automatically makes me think elegant and sophisticated.
I decided to tackle a technique I’ve been wanting to try (I’ve had the supplies for years, but never did it): gold foil flakes.
First thing I did was to watch a video. I did use the tip to use talcum on my fingers….actually what I used was my embossing buddy – on EVERYTHING – and it worked (I made less of a mess than I normally do with glitter!).
For my adhesive, I used Tsukineko’s glue pad – though I did coat my image with Versamark first (don’t think it is necessary, but I didn’t want to take a chance since it won’t be easy to replace Damask Designs once it goes to the vault next month).
You can’t see it in the photo, but I do like the extra, subtle, texture the flakes give – due to the overlapping of different flake pieces. I’ll see if I can get a better photo tomorrow.
Thanks for taking a peek!
Ink/Cardstock: Black, white;
Other: gold foil flakes (stash); glue ink pad (Tsukineko); black rhinestone (Kaiser); Black pattern paper (PTI);