I’m already a day behind! BUT I was able to do all 3 sketches today – yay! So maybe I’ll stay only a day behind 🙂
This is my first card. I did cheat a bit. I stamped the background over the entire card base – no masking. Then after I punched out the flowers, I backed that corner with some plain card stock. I had to add the bling – the card just didn’t feel done without it.
The second card is my favorite of the three. One day I’ll figure out how to take better pictures!
I started by picking the colors. I knew I needed a good poppin’ combo with this simple layout.
I like to keep my cards somewhat flat – since 95% of my cards go in the mail – so instead of a real button, I die-cut the button.
I’m actually pretty happy with how this final card turned out. I’m normally not really good at picking out a color scheme that involves more than a couple colors, lol. I picked out paper first and then just did my best to match it.
I bought this stamp set just for this image – it is my favorite cupcake image. It was actually quite fun piecing it all together.
Thanks for taking a peek!
Colors: Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush (PTI); Cameo Coral marker (SU);
Other: flower punch (EK Success); rhinestones (Hero Arts);
Colors: White, Hawaiian Shores (PTI); Regal Rose (SU);
Other: Damask DSP, button die, Hawaiian twill (PTI);
Colors: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Chartreuse (PTI); Suede, Bermuda (SU); Black (Memento);
Other: button die (PTI); DSP (Basic Grey);