I bought this flower die recently because I thought I could do some fun ‘negative space’ techniques with it. To create this card, first I die cut the flower from my panel. Then I placed another panel under that and made marks to indicate where the different pieces were (i.e., which opening was stem and which was flower head).
Onto the ‘bottom’ panel, I laid down a covering of double-sided tape (wide Be Creative tape). I used a finger-tip knife to carefully trim the liner paper from part of the tape. Then I sprinkled the pink glitter in the parts that would show through the flower head portion of the die opening. Then I pulled the rest of the liner paper and sprinkled the green glitter.
I was stingy with my glitter, so most of the tape was still exposed – that made it easy to adhere the glittered panel to the back of the die cut panel.
I was quite pleased with how it all finished.
Thanks for stopping by!
Colors: White, Hibiscus (PTI);
Other: Glitter (Doodlebug); Wild Blooms die (Memory Box/Poppy Stamps);