That photo is my card at the end.
It started life a couple weeks ago as a submission for the CASology challenge Wheels.
My original card was toooo bland. See:
(ACK! Sorry for the horrible photo – I didn’t correct my settings after doing some other work.)
The card just did not feel finished to me – too flat and no interesting points. I think the bicycle stamping turned out well, it just didn’t command attention.
After some pondering I decided to add some pattern paper to help add interest. I toyed with some at the top as well as the bottom of the white panel – and in different colors. Despite my desire to use yellow or wisteria, they didn’t look right so I stopped trying to work them in. Sometimes you just have to say no 🙂
I finally decided that instead of pattern paper at the top, some other decorative touch was needed. I pulled out my edger dies and thought this lacy one would be great.
One final touch I wanted was dimension. I thought about die-cutting the basket & flowers, but I liked the way the stamping had turned out. Instead I turned to ribbon. Again I tried a few colors of twine but decided on one that matched the closest with the pattern paper.
Thanks for taking a peek!
Ink/Card Stock: Blueberry Sky, White, Wisteria, Limeade, Black;
Other: Limeade Patterns paper, Edgers #2 die; Twine (stash);