This poor stamp set has been neglected for years – I had to break it out and make a spring card!
This card started out for the PTI February Blog Hop, but I didn’t like how it was going so I set it aside and worked on the egg card I did submit to the hop.
Since the stamping actually had turned out well, I had to make this work! The original card was just the vellum sentiment strip over the tulips – each tulip was one color and no stamens were stamped yet. It was nice but there was no interest to it (all the tulips were the same size stamped at the same level and the space at the top seemed too much).
To help add interest I stamped more tulip heads on scrap paper and cut out the polka dot strips from each flower. Then I layered those on to flowers of a different color and finally added stamens in yet another color. I like how this finished up!
Thanks for taking a peek!
Ink/Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, White, Summer Sunset, Berry Sorbet, Plum Pudding, New Leaf (PTI); Black (Brilliance);
Other: vellum (stash);