Index Cards

These cards are all ones that started their lives as index cards for the SCS gallery. It was fun to try to create an index card that I could “finish” as a real card.

The first card is actually the index card. I thought it could stand on its own fairly well. Since the image is the sentiment I didn’t need to add anything else. I kept the theme of stars and stripes when picking the pattern paper and ribbon.

The machine stitching was originally just on the layers, but it got lost in the patterns, so I extended it to the full horizontal. I probably will eventually add a couple vertical stitch lines on the edges, but the back is so horribly done with all the starts and stops I’m not even sure the needle would make it through, lol.

This next card is what I had in mind when I created the index. For the index, I could only use the ball and the “Home Run” sentiment since that is all that is part of the stamp set.

After taking the photo for the index, I went back and added the rest of the sentiment. Of course I had to do it word by word so I could squeeze it all in, and so it isn’t as straight as I would have liked.

The ball is hand-cut to have that “crack” graphic (comic-book) look.

This final one is another a la carte image, so the index card is sans the greeting, but also without the leaf die cut – mostly because I didn’t want to obscure the image.

The bird image is watercolored. The background is embossed with the Elegant Bouquet folder from SU. The ribbon, I’m not sure about the ribbon, but I think it is an old retired SU color – Cranberry (one of the first InColors).

Thanks for taking a peek!